Monday, February 25, 2008

On Falling In Love...

This one is for my Grandpa...

The last time I saw my Grandpa, he put his arms around me & said "Your grandmother & I are praying for you & we want nothing more than for you to find the right man to fall in love with." I love that about him--but what I loved most about that moment was his gentle reminder immediately following... "So, are you getting out there? Are you dating? Because you're not getting any younger."

He's such a romantic at times... & I laughed when he told me that for Valentines Day this year, my grandma got him a bar of chocolate--& "b/c we've been married for 61 years, my gift to her was to share that bar of chocolate with her"...

I cling to his memories... & love all that he's taught me over the years. I believed him when he told me, "You need to keep eating your vegetables so that you will grow hair on your chest like me." I was 7. Now, 23 years later, I am still eating my vegetables & still believing everything he tells me; but rather grateful (of course) that my chest never did grow the hair he promised...

This quote didn't come from him, but when ever I read it, its his voice that i hear-- & his gentle reminder of the love he prays for me to find...

..."It's not what you say about him, it's what you don't say. There's not an ounce of excitement, not a whisper of a thrill. This relationship has all the passion of a pair of tick mice. I want you to get swept away, I want you to levitate. I want you to sing with rapture and dance like a dervish. Be deliriously happy, or at least leave yourself open to be. I know it's a cornball thing, but love is passion, obsession, someone you can't live without. I say - fall head over heels. Find someone you can love like crazy and who'll love you the same way back. How do you find him? Forget your head and listen to your heart. Because, the truth is, there is no sense living your life without this. To make the journey and not fall deeply in love - well, you haven't lived a life at all. You have to try. Because if you haven't tried, you haven't lived. Stay open. Who knows...lightning could strike." - Meet Joe Black


7 comments:

The Edwards said...

Hello doll! How are you? We haven't kept in touch very well but hopefully a blog will do it!

CaptainInsano said...

i like your grandpa...don't lose him!
-Jamie :)

DancinnAnna said...

Aren't grandparents the greatest!

DancinnAnna said...

Aren't grandparents the greatest! They just have a way of making things alright.

Kuya said...

I'm enraptured by you when I sing, so I was wondering--can I be that dervish that dances deleriously with you? Please?

Jenny said...

Hi Trina! I didn't know you live in Park City. That's wonderful! One of my closest friends (who also happens to be my former boss) lives there with her hubby and kiddos. She's around our age. You would love her. You should get together with her. :) Anyhow, just wanted to say hi and that I was thinking about you. Cute blog!!

Anonymous said...

Trina! I love that quote! I even know exactly what it's from! Hope to see you tonight! --Jess