Monday, February 25, 2008

Circus Peanuts...

I love candy. I do. Its one of my most favorite things. I don't like hard candy--there's just something about soft, chewy candy that makes me happy. & although Circus Peanuts will always be my first choice, I do have several other "favorites" such as Cinnamon Bears, Swedish Fish, & Sour Anything--Ropes, Watermelons, Straws, etc...

When I first began this blog, I decided to do a little investigating on the web before I began--b/c, the truth is--you either love Circus Peanuts, or you hate them--& admittedly, most people (if they know what they are) hate them. One of my dearest memories is when someone asked me what my favorite candy was & when I told him it was Circus Peanuts, he got me a bag of the shelled "real" peanuts & said, "look I got you your favorite treat." He thought I had meant the kind you give to elephants at a circus--one of the many reasons why I liked him so much--& the absolute cutest thing he could have ever done...

A little while later, I met a boy who understood the true meaning of circus peanuts--giving me the most perfect Mother's Day present just a few days after our first date...

And although I don't think anyone will ever be able to top this Circus Peanut bouquet, i am including several websites that you can go to & learn all you want about these delectable treats :)


Circus Peanuts--My Favorite Candy Blog

A Brief History of Circus Peanuts--published by USA Today

Miracle of Circus Peanuts--published by The Capital Times

Nut Blobs--MetroActive Dinning


2 comments:

ryanbyrd said...

look at that! you like circus peanuts. me too. not many people do, however...

http://www.ryanbyrd.net/rambleon/2007/01/01/5-things-you-don%e2%80%99t-yet-know-about-ryan-byrd/

Michelle Earnest said...

Kristi loves these too....sick!! :)